Second stage of works commences at T2 casual dining precinct
- Next stage of improvements has commenced at T2 casual dining precinct
- Improvements include new food options, a redesigned casual seating area, more natural light and enhanced wayfinding to improve the airport experience for passengers, visitors and staff
- Stage two is due for completion by the end of 2016
Sydney Airport has commenced the next stage of improvements at the T2 casual dining precinct to enhance the airport experience for passengers, visitors and staff.
The next stage of the improvements includes:
- Redesigning the casual seating area to increase capacity with upgraded flooring, columns, ceiling finishes, and contemporary furniture with textural finishes;
- The introduction of new navigation signage and updated flight information display screens (FIDS) which will allow passengers to find their way to gates and airport services more easily;
- Increasing value and choice by delivering six new food kiosks catering to all budgets and tastes; and Improving amenities and connectivity by providing smart device charging stations at communal tables.
“I’m excited to announce the next stage of upgrades to the casual dining precinct at Australia’s busiest airport terminal as we continue to improve the airport experience,” Sydney Airport Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer Kerrie Mather said.
“These improvement works will deliver a comfortable dining area where passengers can relax and enjoy a wide range of tasty and healthy food options catering to all tastes and budgets, while taking advantage of the free Wi-Fi and enjoying enhanced views of the airfield.”
Six new food and beverage kiosks will be positioned throughout the new casual dining precinct including two new brands to Australia, YO! Sushi and Joe & The Juice. They will join Krispy Kreme, Soul Origin, and Mrs Fields to further enhance value and choice for passengers. Another food outlet will be announced in coming months.
This second stage of works will complement the recently revitalised food and beverage offering at the T2 casual dining precinct, with new food brands now open including Chur Burger, Mad Mex, SumoSalad Green Label, Roll’d, Hokka Hokka, Red Rooster and Sahara Grill.
Stage two of the T2 casual dining precinct works is due for completion by the end of 2016. Sydney Airport will work with our stakeholders to keep passengers informed and minimise inconvenience throughout the works.
For more details on the T2 improvements program visit www.sydneyairport.com.au
ABOUT SYDNEY AIRPORT
Sydney Airport is Australia’s gateway airport, serving over 40 million passengers a year and connecting Sydney to a network of more than 90 international, domestic and regional destinations.
Located just eight kilometres from the city centre, Sydney Airport contributes $30.8 billion in economic activity a year, equivalent to 6.4 per cent of the NSW economy. Sydney Airport is a major employer in NSW, generating more than 306,700 direct and indirect jobs, equivalent to 8.9 per cent of NSW employment. Some 29,000 of these jobs are at the airport itself.
Communications Manager, Retail
(02) 9667 6167 or 0450 965 395